Sector: Secondary state school.
Client: St Bede’s and St Joseph’s Catholic College, Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Target group: 30 underperforming boys in Year 11, studying for GCSEs, plus their parents/guardians.
Objective: Introduce Tougher Minds’ Personal Resilience Programme to improve wellbeing and academic performance of underperforming pupils.
- Improved GCSE performance, on average by half a grade per subject.
- Improved levels of concentration, motivation and personal performance by pupils.
- Improved homework and study habits among pupils.
- Adoption of new teaching/ learning methods – Personal performance planner.
- Successful adoption of home support techniques by parents/guardians, who were better able to help their children continue learning at home.
- The Tougher Minds programme is now being rolled out across the school.
Watch these videos to see St Bede’s and St Joseph’s pupils, parents and teachers talk about their experience of the Tougher Minds programme: