Sector: Education, co-educational, state secondary school.
Client: St Bede’s and St Joseph’s Catholic College, Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Target group: Teachers.
Objectives: Support Year 7 form tutors to increase effectiveness of pupil support, and classroom teaching strategies. Promote stress reduction and well-being for pupils. Guide teachers to work with pupils to help build new habits to increase health, happiness and academic results.
As part of our work with St Bede’s and St Joseph’s Catholic Colleague in Bradford, which includes resilience programmes and support for transition into Year 7, Tougher Minds has been working with teachers at the school.
- Shared understanding of how to design and deliver teaching to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of lessons.
- Understanding of how to support pupils to enhance performance, behaviour, homework habits and well-being.
- Teachers report improved responses from students to their lessons.
- Teachers are now able to deliver Tougher Minds proven methods within the school, to support wider programme delivery.
- Staff report a strong sense of improved partnership between teachers, pupils and parents.