A Tougher Minds programme to help teachers save time, increase learning and promote well-being.
- Simple and practical lesson plans, based on the science of learning.
- Deliver greater benefit in your lessons.
- Highly effective, evidence-based teaching techniques.
- Training delivered in one day or via in-depth programmes – to suit each school.
“Tougher Minds empowers children to take charge of their own lives.” – Headteacher.
“Without Tougher Minds, I don’t think I would have achieved the grades I did. I went from Bs and Cs in mocks to six A stars.” – Year 12 pupil.
“I have used EXPANDS to deliver some of my most successful and productive lessons. I believe it’s unique in its ability to highlight what is working and what is effective. It can transform anybody’s teaching.” – former senior teacher, now Tougher Minds Head of Education.
“A Tougher Minds session a few months ago, fundamentally shifted my way of thinking about teaching. Wish I’d met them 10 years ago.” – Executive Director, teacher training agency.
To help teachers save time, and develop even better lessons Tougher Minds has developed the E.X.P.A.N.D.S. Learning programme for schools.
It is based on the latest scientific insight into learning. We have also used our practical experience of helping people to learn more, in less time. Every day, this framework saves time for teachers.
Organisations can learn to use the E.X.P.A.N.D.S. system via our Bite-size or In-depth training.Our Bite-size programme comprises one day of training, which shows how to implement the framework. The In-depth programme builds on this.
A Tougher Minds consultant will work closely with groups and departments. Our In-depth programme will deliver:
- Real-time, unobtrusive observations delivered in consultation with individual teachers and lecturers.
- Individualised feedback. This reflects a dual approach of (i) subject-specific content and (ii) learning activities and patterns during the lesson.
- A written report, based on Tougher Minds proven E.X.P.A.N.D.S. Learning Transfer framework programme.
- Follow-up observations to address the objectives set by individual teachers, for improving their own classroom practice.
- Groups of teachers may ALSO use this approach to improve their collective provision.