St Bede’s and St Joseph’s Catholic College, Bradford
Education, co-educational state secondary school.
St Bede’s and St Joseph’s Catholic College, Bradford, West Yorkshire
30 underperforming boys in Year 11, studying for GCSEs, plus their parents/guardians.
Introduce Tougher Minds’ Personal Resilience Programme to improve wellbeing and academic performance of underperforming pupils.
- Improved GCSE performance, on average by half a grade per subject.
- Improved levels of concentration, motivation and personal performance by pupils.
- Improved homework and study habits among pupils.
- Adoption of new teaching/ learning methods – Personal performance planner.
- Successful adoption of home support techniques by parents/guardians, who were better able to help their children continue learning at home.
- The Tougher Minds programme is now being rolled out across the school.